Personal Top 3 Favorite Carnival Cruise Ships

Hi guys, it’s Victoria, and today I decided to write about my top three favorite Carnival cruise ships! 

I’ve been on 11 cruises, 10 of them being Carnival, but only on six different ships; we went on the Carnival Legend five times while it was home-ported in Port Tampa Bay! Out of the six different Carnival cruise ships I’ve been on so far, three stick out the most - the Carnival Pride, the Carnival Magic, and the Carnival Breeze.


Carnival Pride

I went on the Pride in January 2017, and I was transported back to my love for Carnival’s Spirit Class ships. The smaller size, 88,500GT, and the designs throughout the ship were a warm welcome compared to the bigger, newer ships.


Besides the smaller ship size, the restaurants are what drew me into loving this ship. Besides the fleetwide favorites of Guy’s Burger Joint and BlueIguana Cantina, having the sushi restaurant, Bonsai Sushi, was a first for me and something I enjoyed thoroughly as sushi is my absolute favorite food. The California Roll and Miso Soup were delicious and I just wished I could’ve had more!
(below is a picture of the Carnival Pride docked in Nassau, circa 2017)

Carnival Magic (pictured lower right, docked in Amber Cove, DR, circa 2017)
As of writing this post in April 2018, the Carnival Magic was the last cruise ship I’ve been on, and I can truly say I’ve missed it everyday since I got home. It wasn’t the first time I was on a Dream class ship, but it was the first time I enjoyed the ship to the fullest - even if I didn’t physically participate in everything the ship offers.

And by fullest, I mean I fully enjoyed myself in between eating and lounging around in Club O2 with my newly made friends. We found ourselves stargazing more than anything and cruise ships are the perfect chance to experience being fully immersed by the stars, which is something easier said than done when being on land. I also enjoyed the various activities that they had going on around the ship, like the Seaside Theater and SkyCourse ropes course, and the various gym equipment station around the top decks that I found myself falling off of because of pure clumsiness.

Carnival Breeze

When I went on the Carnival Breeze two years ago back in 2016, it was my first time being old enough to venture into Club O2, for 15 to 17 year olds, instead of Circle C, which was meant for 12 to 14 year olds. I was never a big fan of the youth clubs aboard any of the ships, but finally being old enough for Club O2 meant late night activities and a later curfew, and cooler activities.

Besides finally being able to enjoy Club O2, being on the Carnival Breeze meant the first time I was on a newer ship, meaning more to do. The arcade is always a favorite for me on any cruise I’m on, and the convenience of it being attached to Club O2 on the Dream class ships meant easy access to and from each area for me and my friends.

(right is a picture of the Carnival Breeze docked in PortMiami, circa 2016)

I hope this post gave you a small glimmer of inspiration to venture on a cruise!


Comments

Popular Posts