Photo Collection: Amber Cove, Dominican Republic

Hi everyone, it’s Victoria, and today I have a photo collection of one of my favorite ports I’ve been to recently: Amber Cove! Amber Cove is a private port owned by Carnival in the northern part of the Dominican Republic, near Puerto Plata, and is a fairly new port. While we were docked in Amber Cove, we opted to go on an excursion that took us around and near Puerto Plata, so these photos are from both Amber Cove and Puerto Plata, and are all from December 2017. I hope you enjoy these photos from a beautiful place!


In the information hut in Amber Cove, there is a welcome sign and
map of the Dominican Republic, which I thought was a nice touch.

There are quite a few Amber Cove signs scattered around, but
this one was my favorite!

In port we did a Beach Horseback Riding excursion...

...which took us to a beautiful beach!

The various rocks that were scattered around the beach
were perfect for photo opportunities.
I loved the beach and rocks so much that I made this
picture my lock screen on my phone!

After the Beach Horseback Riding excursion, our tour bus
driver took us to the downtown area of Puerto Plata,
called Central Park.

The colorful buildings in downtown Puerto Plata
caught my eye that I couldn't help taking a
picture or two.
The colorful streets in downtown Puerto Plata caught
my eye so much that I ended up making this
picture my home screen on my phone!


While in Amber Cove, you have the option to rent out colorful
water bungalows that come with various amenities!
Back in Amber Cove, I managed to capture this cute
photo of the Carnival Magic peaking out from the buildings!
All in all, Amber Cove and the surrounding city of Puerto Plata
is a wonderful port and a wonderfully beautiful place to explore!

Amber Cove is definitely on my "must visit again" and I hope this photo collection gave you inspiration to look at a cruise with a stop there or to any Dominican Republic port! And as always, share and comment if you saw something interesting or have your own experiences in port!

Comments

Popular Posts