Top Five Things To Do During Your First Magic Kingdom Visit

Cinderella's Castle, taken by me in March 2018
Hi everyone, it’s Victoria again! I know Disney based blog posts are usually Gabe’s specialty, but today I wanted to write about one of my favorite places in Florida - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom!


As a Florida native who grew up about an hour away from Orlando, I’ve been to Magic Kingdom a few times (not nearly as many times as Gabe though!) and I’ve gotten to fall in love with the magic of Magic Kingdom every time I’ve been able to go, and a few months ago I finally went to Magic Kingdom with my uncle; a Florida native who had never been before!


I spent years (literally - we had the tickets for nearly two years before we were able to go) planning what we would do when we finally got there. I wanted my uncle to be able to experience everything the park holds, but we only had one day to experience it all. And after all the planning and waiting to finally go on the trip, we had an amazing time! So here I’ve compiled a list of five things I think everyone should do during their first time at Magic Kingdom.


1. Walk down Main Street and take everything in
Main Street, U.S.A. is the start of it all. Once you enter Magic Kingdom, you’ll be on Main Street and there’s nothing you can do except walk down the street and take everything in. And the most magical part of Magic Kingdom, Cinderella’s Castle, is right at the end of Main Street. Besides people watching and taking the park in, Main Street, U.S.A. is great to gift shop and watch the parades and light shows at.


2. Meet your favorite character!
This was a must do for me and my uncle! As it was my uncle’s first time there, I tried to make his time at Magic Kingdom something he would never forget, and one of the things I wanted to do was meet Tigger, who is my uncle’s favorite character. Luckily for us, Tigger and Winnie the Pooh were having a meet and greet right as we were getting off of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, so we made sure to hop right in line to meet them! And I’m so glad that it worked out for us because my uncle didn't stop talking about meeting Tigger for the rest of the day!


3. Make your way through all of the lands
Magic Kingdom is made up of six distinct areas - Main Street, U.S.A., Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Adventureland. Each land is uniquely themed depending on its’ name and each land has their own “must do” experiences, but walking through the lands and going from Tomorrowland, which is filled with space themed and futuristic rides, to Fantasyland, which is straight out of a fairytale, is mesmerizing.


4. Ride all the classic rides
When you think of Magic Kingdom, there are just certain rides and experiences that immediately come to mind, and those are the must do rides for anyone’s first time at the park. Space Mountain, It’s a Small World, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, and the Haunted Mansion. While those are just five of the numerous rides at the park, those five are “classic” rides to the park and have passed the test of time.


5. Enjoy yourself!
"Partners" Statue, taken by me in March 2018
Magic Kingdom isn't called  “The Most Magical Place on Earth” for nothing! Being at Magic Kingdom is truly a magical place and there is no way that someone wouldn't be able to enjoy the park. A day in Magic Kingdom is a day filled with magic and excitement and make the best out of it; eat your way through the park, make it a goal to meet every character you can, or just enjoy a casual stroll around the park with the people you’re with!

Writing this post made me miss Magic Kingdom even more than I already do, and I hope it helps you the next time you make a visit to The Most Magical Place on Earth!

Comments

Popular Posts